Role: Systems Designer
This was the contract that brought me to Shanghai, China. My task was to lead a team in the creation of a full RPG game inside their currently existing MMO structure. The fun twist? This was an educational game intended to teach children to speak English.
In this role I drafted system design specs for; RPG Classes, Abilities, Monsters, Level Up, Combat Mechanics, Dungeons, Rewards, and mechanics that tied it all to the educational aspect of the game. I led a team of artists and engineers in months of major feature implementation. I also ran play testing sessions to fine tune game balance.
- Led teams of engineers and artists in major feature implementation.
- Balanced dozens of monster types over 100 levels.
- Significant research into Chinese monsters/myths.
- Voice Acting of English lessons (in British accent).
- Learned to speak Mandarin Chinese.
2010 - Endorsed by CCTV and the Chinese Government.
2010 - Raised over 12 million in venture capital over two rounds.